1. What’s in this policy?
This policy tells you:
- what information we might collect about you
- how we might use that information
- when we might use your details to contact you
- what information of yours we might share with others
- your choices about the personal information you give us
2. What does this policy cover?
This policy covers the services and content that are offered by Vibre Srl with inbrain.tech.
That’s media speak for:
Anything digital offered by inbrain.tech:
- Content available through feeds, like RSS
Anything that’s available through those services. Including:
- Technical stuff such as metadata and open-source code
- Anything made by people using our services. User-generated content, that’s called.
What’s not covered in this policy?
Our services sometimes link to services run by other companies. Those companies have their own privacy and cookies policies, so remember that the information you give them will follow their rules and not ours.
3. How do you protect my personal information?
We’re strongly committed to keeping your information safe. And to do this we design our services with your safety in mind.
Where we store your information
We collect and store your data in servers located in the European Economic Area.
4. What types of personal information does inBrain collect about me?
We’ll give details about why we need your personal information and how we’ll use it before you begin, unless it’s obvious.
a. Information that you give us
We might ask for your name and contact details, depending on what you’re doing. The only way you have to contact us is by email or through our contact form. In this case, we’ll only need your complete name and your email address (you’ll give us these informations when you comment on our posts).
Also, you can subscribe to our newsletter giving us only your email address.
b. Device information
Devices are lots of things like:
- your computer
- your mobile phone or tablet
- your TV
- your voice-enabled device
We automatically collect some technical information from these devices and web browsers.. This might include:
- IP (internet protocol) address
- device ID
- app ID
- vendor ID
5. How long will inBrain keep my personal information?
When you give us any personal information we’ll keep it the time required to complete the service. And always stick to these principles:
- we only hold your information for as long as we do the activities we told you about or have a valid reason to keep it
- we think about what type of information it is, the amount collected, how sensitive it might be and any legal requirements
- we design our services so that we don’t hold your information any longer than we have to
6. How can inBrain use my personal information?
We have to have a valid reason to use your personal information. It’s called the “lawful basis for processing”. Sometimes we might ask your permission to do things, like when you subscribe to an email. Other times, when you’d reasonably expect us to use your personal information, we don’t ask your permission, but only when:
- the law says it’s fine to use it, and
- it fits with the rights you have
We use your information for these types of things:
a. to deliver our services and to provide you with information about them
b. to deal with your requests, complaints and enquiries
e. to show you relevant advertising on another company’s site
f. to help us understand what kind of services you might use
And sometimes how you might share things with other people.
g. to recommend things we think might interest you
i. to research and innovate
j. to contact you about various things
7. When will inBrain use my information to contact me?
We might use your information to contact you about different things, like:
- to contact you about a creation you sent us
- to answer you when you’ve contacted us, or to respond to a comment or complaint
- to invite you to take part in surveys about inBrain services, which are always voluntary
- for marketing purposes
- to send you notification on your device if you’ve selected them on our website (push notifications)
We’ll only contact you when we need to or when you’ve given us permission.
We’ll never sell your personal information. We do share it with others in these ways:
a. When you make something public
Like post a comment which the public can see.
b. When we use other companies to power our services
In order for us to give you quality experiences and to understand how you’re using our services we often use other companies to process your personal information on our behalf. For example, sending you emails about things we think might interest you, or to ask you what you think about our services.
We make sure that your personal information is looked after as if we were handling it directly. We carefully select these companies, only share with them what they need to do the work and we make sure they keep your information secure.
c. When we share personal information with Vibre family (inBrain, Vibre, BrainArt)
d. Sometimes by law we have to pass on your information to other organisations
We might also share your information if we have to by law, or when we need to protect you or other people from harm.
10. What are my rights?
Remember, you’re in control of your personal information.
You have the right to:
- request a copy of your information
- to ask us to correct information that’s wrong, to delete it or to request that we only use it for certain purposes
- to change your mind, and ask us to stop using your information. For example, unsubscribing from any marketing emails
Bear in mind, sometimes we might not be able to help. Like if the law tells us we can’t or it forms part of our journalistic output.
a. What are cookies and tracking technologies?
Cookies are bits of data which are stored in your computer or mobile when you visit a website or app.
There are also similar pieces of tracking information we collect.
To do a few different things:
- to remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again. And again. And again
- to keep you signed in, even on different devices
- to help us understand how people are using our services, so we can make them better
- to deliver advertising to websites outside of Italy
- to find out if our emails have been read and if you find them useful
A few things on our websites wouldn’t work without some cookies. Tech people call these “strictly necessary cookies”. They’re always on when you visit us.
But we want to use others like functional, performance and advertising cookies to make your experience more enjoyable. We’ll only use them if you’ve agreed. You can always change your mind.
Bear in mind there are some other cookies out there from other companies. These “third-party cookies” might track how you use different websites, including ours. For example, you might get a social media company’s cookie when you see the option to share something. You can turn them off, but not through us.
c. How long do cookies last?
Some are erased when you close the browser on your website or app. Others stay longer, sometimes forever, and are saved onto your device so they’re there when you come back.
d. How do I control my cookies and tracking?
When you first visit us, we’ll tell you about our cookies and ask you to agree if we can use them. You can always change your mind by going to your settings.
Stopping all cookies might mean you can’t access some inBrain services, or that some of them might not work properly for you.
Another way to control some tracking is in the settings on your device.
12. How will I find out about changes to this policy?
We update this policy sometimes. If we make important changes, like how we use your personal information, we’ll let you know. It might be a notice, an email.
If you don’t agree to the changes, then you can always stop using our services and stop giving us any more personal information. We’d be sorry to see you go.
13. How can I contact inBrain?
Find out more and contact us about your rights.
You can contact us using our email address: email@example.com o by using the contact form in our contact page.
You can contact us by post:
Via Martiri della Libertà, 14C
47521 Cesena (FC)